MOS 140E—Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Systems Tactician / Technician
Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Systems Tactician / Technician (MOS 140E) Description / Major Duties:
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the employment and operations Air & Missiles Defense (AMD) systems as a Tactical Control Officer (TCO) at the battery level, Tactical Director (TD) at the battalion level and Air Defense Artillery Fire Control Officer (ADAFCO) at the brigade level. Monitor/Identify aircraft according to established procedures, initiate and monitor engagements of threat aircraft and missiles, and plan/develop air and missile defense designs in support of assigned/contingency missions. Advise the commander on capabilities and limitations of the AMD system. Supervise organizational maintenance of equipment in an AMD unit. Monitor the AMD system and related support equipment to detect, diagnose and repair operator error and/or system malfunctions. Coach, teach, mentor and evaluate Soldiers in AMD system operating tactics, techniques, and procedures, Joint Kill Chain (JKC) functions, maintenance procedures, use and care of special tools and support equipment, and The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS). Evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance programs and tactical crew training. Monitor and coordinate installation of modifications of the AMD system. Implement proper safety and security procedures applicable to the operation and maintenance support of the AMD system. Advise the commander on all tactical and technical considerations at all levels.
Eligible Enlisted feeder MOSs:
14E, 14J, or 94S (35S,
27X) with four years experience.
Hold MOS 14T, 94A (35A, 27E), 27M, 94T (35T, 27T), 25P (31P), 25S (31S), 94D (35D), 94E (35E), 94F (35F), 94M (35M), or 94R (35R) with five years experience.
Minimum prerequisites for MOS 140E:
- Be a SSG or above with five years experience in MOS 14E or 14T (Recruiter, Drill Sergeant and other non-technical duties are not considered field experience)
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years leadership experience (experience documented on an NCOER) in the feeder MOS. (waivers will be granted on a case by case basis for National Guard/Reserves).
- Must submit copies of ALL NCOERs. The preponderance of your NCOERs must reflect outstanding and exceptional duty performance ratings noted with "among the best" ratings by the Rater and "successful" and "superior" ratings by the Senior Rater.
- Applicants from sister services or feeder MOS's will be considered based on qualifications and experience.
- Physical profile of 111121.
- A minimum of six semester hours of college level English and Math from an accredited academic institution. Speech and public speaking courses are not considered as meeting this requirement even if administered by the English department of an institution. Successful completion of the CLEP general examination in English and Math is the only acceptable alternatives.
- Written recommendation from a senior warrant officer CW3-CW5 who holds MOS 140E.
- Successful completion of the Patriot Master Gunner Course(T4 ASI).
- Served a minimum of 2 years as a Tactical control Assistant/Tactical Director Assistant and/or System Maintenance NCOIC.
Article Last Modified: February 16, 2011